We are a fully inclusive school and it is our belief that all children have an equal right to a broad and balanced curriculum. We strive to ensure that all children make progress academically and in their personal, social and emotional development.
‘A pupil has SEN where their learning difficulty or disability calls for special educational provision, namely provision different from or additional to that normally available to pupils of the same age’. SEND Code of Practice January 2015
Our SEND Policy contains technical information and details of how we identify and nurture children with SEND: SEND Policy
Our Information Report sets out how we use our SEND Policy. It details how help and support for pupils with SEND works in our school: SEND Information Report
Our Accessibility Policy sets out our plan to make our school as accessible as possible to all groups: Accessibility Plan Park Street
The Hertfordshire Local Offer – Explains services available for families of children with SEND in the country.
DSPL7 – Park Street School is part of the DSPL 7 group. This is the Hertfordshire local area group for SEN and provides a range of services to children in the St Albans area.
School Nursing Service – The school nursing service supports families at home and children in school with a range of common issues, including bed wetting, anxiety, sleep problems, diet and exercise. They can also support with general concerns about your child’s wellbeing, health or development. Parents can self-refer using the online form or school can support with this. Please contact the SENCO for more information or visit the website.
Websites about SEND:
- Special Needs Jungle: Advice for parents on a whole range of SEND issues
- Add-vance: Support for families with ADHD
- Downs Side Up: Support for Down Syndrome
- Autism Education Trust: Information about Autism
General Information for Family Support – The Families First Portal
Organisations that provide suppport for children’s Mental Health and Advice about Parenting:
- Vista St Albans Plus
- Families Feeling Safe – an organisation that provides Protective Behaviour training for parents and schools. “Protective Behaviour provides a strong framework for personal safety, self-esteem, resilience and confidence building.”
Useful phone numbers:
- Children and Young People’s Speech and Language Therapy Advice Line: 01992 823093
- If your child is already known to the Speech and Language Service ring: 01992 823193
- Support sessions for parents of children with a diagnosis of Autism ring Vista St Albans CIC: 07584798528 to book a 30-minute appointment with an Autistic Advisory Teacher
Please note that Park Street C of E School is not responsible for the content of external websites, but provides these links as we think they may be useful for our families.